Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Fantasy Trip: Wizard

While the title of this post makes it sound like I'm going to talk about the game by the same name I'm actually going to talk about the wizard figure I have and stat him out for TFT. Something about TFT is really catching my brain so I've been fiddling around with the minis in my collection and debating pulling out my Heroscape game pieces.

Mostly you can blame a man by the name of Davie O. Miller and his website Melee Wizards (here: http://www.meleewizards.com/ ) because he did such a great job presenting this game and the fabulous terrain and miniatures he has. So, endure with me. Or don't I guess, you can always tell me to get stuffed can't you?

Well, I've made up a little game card for my wizard miniature and as you can see at right [>>>] he is loaded with spells and is a foe to be feared. Having not played this game yet I don't really know if he is to be feared but I'm afraid of him, or would be, if I were a TFT arena fighter. I have the perfect bear miniature from Mage Knight already based and ready to be summoned to back him up. As it is a 28mm figure and he is a 25mm and it is standing to attack it is going to look huge next to him. I mostly picked the spells at random to be honest either because they sounded cool or useful. After all, who doesn't want to summon a bear to fight for them?

I'm still doing the salamander, frankly, I can't decide if I need to make him a fire breather, give him a range attack or just treat him like a war machine. I may post the build for all three, or just a couple, I dunno. I'll try to do that by tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been playing the solo games for Melee for years. About four years ago we even tried to get a little multiplayer game of TFT going as well (but that didn't last more then a couple weeks).
    Now I mainly play using the rules out of Dragons Of Underearth, which is pretty much the same thing, just without Steve Jackson's name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look those up. I'm thinking about bringing this game to my group and see if they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Counter