Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I Got

Okay, I love and hate blogger at the same time. It is so damn hard to put pictures in a post that it really gets on my noives some times, but I might just be an idiot, who knows.

ANYWAY! I didn't mention yesterday what miniatures I scored at the convention soooo...


First we have Gamesworkshop's Army of the Dead for the Lord of the Rings game (obviously). I got these puppies for 16 bucks and I'm happy as I will be using them as 5 stands of Spirit Hosts for my Vampire counts army. That is 325 points of ethereal ass-kickers totaling 20 strength 3 attacks. I think this will be a formidable unit so long as I don't let them become terribly outnumbered. I never liked the Warhammer Spirit Hosts and when I saw these a few months ago I knew this was my answer.


Next is Wargames Factory Viking Huscarls. When I saw these puppies on their website I knew I had to have them and I got them for a low low 18 dollars. So 32 crazy vikings for almost fifty cents each is awesome in my book. I have no idea what I'm going to use them for but really do you NEED a reason to put 32 vikings on the table? No.





Mantic Games' Elven War-host was my big reward from the GAMA organization for working the convention and it is much appreciated. 50 foot soldiers with a mix of bows and spears backed by a bolt thrower. I could construct a Warhammer army out of them easily enough but I have my undead to focus on right now. So we'll see, if you're needing elves badly send me a message and I'll talk to ya. Mantic makes great stuff!


Rusted Heroes' Duke Rathar. A very nice looking miniature that I have no idea what I'm going to do with. He will be a nice addition to my collection of cool painted miniatures with no great purpose but I don't know when I'll get to him. There was a character card in the package but I haven't explored what game it goes to or what it's used for.



I also got a variety of dice and a box of magic cards as rewards, GAMA is pretty good to its volunteers IMHO and I am happy with the loot I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter