Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Dead Continue to Rise

Well I have my laptop in with a friend to be refurbished because it had Windows Vista (which is a terrible OS imho) and the patches eventual pushed the 1GB of ram I had to its limits. To do more than open a single window caused it to slow down severely so my (more) technologically savvy friend is putting XP on it, which is an OS I like a lot.

My painting board has been busy though and when I get back my laptop I'll post pictures of what I have done so far. I finished three bases of Spirit Hosts from GW Army of the Dead (LOTR) and could have made as many as six (maybe even seven with a squeeze) but I just don't see the need for 390 points of spirity hots, 185 is plenty since I will also have a nice 20 soldier unit of Grave Guard.

I also finished 20 skeleton warriors (hand weapons and shields) and want to do the crypt ghouls next. I'm also putting together some war bands for Song of Blades and Heroes.  If you haven't tried the game you should do so it is a wonderful use of the pre-painted Dungeons & Dragons miniatures, just wonderful! I taught my two 11 year old sons to play pretty quick and we enjoyed and evening of humans vs lizardmen vs orcs. I'm building an undead war band with painted miniatures right now. It will be:
  • Vampire
  • Wraith
  • Ghost
  • Skeleton Human x3
...and comes to 298 points. It breaks the war band rules a little bit as the Vampire is 116 points and considered a personality but I don't think anyone will mind.

I also almost have an "Adventurer" war band done with the old Ral Partha's I painted up, I just need to finish a Human Warrior piece, which is also under way.

Well, hopefully soon I can get up a battle report and some photos. Be patient? You know I love you all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter