Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Skeletons (double post part 1)

Okay, well, if you know anything about it by this point its that I rarely do what I say I'm going to do but I do DO something! Well, I've just finished a big ole chunk of models and it seems to be a strange mess of choices now that I'm photographing them. Part 1 of today's double post will deal with these...

...a set of 10 Warlord Skeleton models. These are obviously scale creep 28mm figures but they were fun to paint. Reaper cast each of them as a single piece and being metal meant I could bend them some to get to an effective action pose. Which is what I did.

A little closer picture of just three of them. I went with a simple classic "Harryhausen" look to them and tried to evoke that feeling with their positioning. I used Citadel's Camo Green as a unifying color and every skeleton has a little, or a lot like the guy on the left. I am not sure what I would use these for so if you're a Warlord player or in need of nearly a dozen skeleton's with sword and shield I'd trade them or sell them, feel free to send me an email.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Skellies. They remind me of the ones from Jason and the Argonauts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the movie I thought about the whole time I painted them. Ray Harryhausen defined the behavior of skeletons in my mind. When I role-played as a teen that was what I saw when skeletons were fought :)

    ReplyDelete

Counter