Friday, October 8, 2010

I like building army lists!

I am one who has all the army books and am constantly building army lists for all the armies. I like building lists off from what comes in the box and what I would buy. With that in mind I put together a Brettonian army list because that is the next army I will collect, way down the road. It's based around two things...
This guy is bad ass!

Second appearance.


...the Grail Reliquae is really the center to my interest as a previous post discusses but this Brettonian Lord model is just killer. I love the look of him and his pose and the huge axe he's tooling around with. So, if you throw in...
I stole this from here. Guy's army is looking good, great grail knights!

Booooox seeeet!

...you get a full-ish army. I have 20 bare plastic of the classic bowmen I got in trade and I was gonna make them into five stands of shooters for Hordes of the Things but have decided to hold on to them to put them into this army. The army list looks like this right now...
  • Brettonian Lord on warhorse with heavy armor, great weapon, virtue of knightly temper adn sirienne's locket.
  • paladin on royal pegasus with heavy armor, enchanted shield, sword, lance and virtue of heroism.
  • 8 knights of the realm with the banner of chalons
  • 20 men-at-arms
  • 16 peasant bowmen skirmishers upgraded with light armor
  • 20 peasant bowmen with defensive stakes and braziers
  • Grail reliquae with 18 pilgrims.
this comes to slightly below 1,300 points which is not a lot considering the monetary cost of this force. It is also not likely a strong army with only 8 knights which is the life blood of the Brettonian force. But, it is built from the models I want plus the cost efficient battalion box. Also, there is no wizard which leaves it very much as the mercy of enemy magic. To make it competent it would need at least another unit of knights, although two would be better and at least a level 2 damsel. BUT, I'm not competent! I'd likely add the Green Knight because he looks cool and a damsel then try to add a few more knights to the one unit.

The strategy would clearly revolve around a good charge with the general leading the knights and the archers doing sufficient damage to warrant victory. Both of which would be unlikely against an experienced opponent. The knights would be subject to an absurd amount of fire power and magic power while the archers would fall pray to the enemy cavalry. Oh well, I wouldn't be playing to win with this army I'd be playing to play the Grail Reliquae which would proudly march down the center to engage the enemy!

Ah, to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter