Monday, December 6, 2010

I have been MINING and I love it!

If you haven't had a chance to purchase and play Notch's Minecraft then you should do so before I come find you and beat you up. This is a wonderful game and for being in only alpha state it is amazingly playable. I have really been enjoying the combination of survival and resources gathering/building it provides. It is like this dude is in my head!

Please allow me to share some snap shots of my activity...
This is a view of my keep, it isn't the best view but the keep is built in a small valley. There are mountains all around and a water barrier on the north side. In the distance you can see my dirt tower of waterfalls... no real purpose than to double as a water park. I will expand on it soon!

This is the inside of the hanging garden you will see below. There is limited flora in minecraft right now but i've tried to get it al. I am trying to get a couple trees to grow inside it as well.

This is a view of the hanging garden I built with meticulous patience. The entire structure houses a small garden and is built from glass (lots of glass) and cobblestone. A waterfall comes out of it to a magically suspended pool, into a reflecting pool and back into the earth.
This game truly is incredible and I cannot encourage you enough to give it a try. If you a gamer and a world building this is just like software crack. I played a fair share of World of Warcraft and will likely play it again some time but it was nothing like this. If only I could have a couple dozen people in the same world to befriend... or do battle with.

2 comments:

  1. The Doomwheels....totally fantastic...amazing talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain I am stunned with your compliment!

    Truly I am overwhelmed considering the quality and workmanship of your own modeling. I am humbled by your kind words. :)

    thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Counter