Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"We shall fight in the shade!"

Then let me help you with that.

I've been away for a bit, according to my last real post (not the I'll be back post) it's been about 25 days. Between soccer (a 4 - 5 record) and home renovation/spring cleaning I've not really even had time to paint. Today's post is th promised picture of my finished Bretonnian Peasant Bowmen.
This is my first Warhammer regiment that is multi-based. It is (obviously) 20 strong and I need to do the defensive stakes. With the 8th edition of the rules allowing for volley fire and shooting in two ranks peasant bowmen no longer have to spread wide to get a full unit to fire and leaves more room for deployment of knights and infantry... thank goodness. These guys will be 8 wide with four left over on the back rank. Not a terribly powerful unit, but, not a terribly costly one either. I imagine these guys with their brothers (a unit of 16 others) will be able to do some harm but I'm finding the bowmen are having difficulty killing my foes.

Anyway, I will be helping with Origin's security team again this year so if you're going to be there look me up. Also, there is a 750 point Warhammer warbands tournament which seems pretty exciting. This is my planned army list:

  • skink priest with hand weapon and dispel scroll; level 2 wizard
  • 15 suarus warriors with hand weapons and shields; includes full command
  • 16 skinks with hand weapons, javelins and shields; includes 2 kroxigor with great weapons
  • stegadon
This comes to 745 points and I think it will hold up solidly. The only weakness I see is that I lack a good general leadership but with only 187 points for heroes (or lords) I can't afford both a wizard and a scar veteran and I don't want to be at the mercy of all the chaos sorcerers that are sure to be out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter