Sunday, July 17, 2011

Women's World Cup

If you know me you know loosing is not a bad thing in my point of view so long as sportsmanship is present and one does their best.

Today's game of USA vs. Japan was a beautiful thing to behold. Both teams played hard and did amazingly well on the field.

That is until the extra time play when Japan abandoned their sense of sportsmanship to gain a yellow card, then to blatantly throw themselves down in front of a USA player to prevent her taking a shot. Sure, the Japan player got a red card but that seriously doesn't amount to a hill of beans considering the blatant disregard for the game. I have rarely been more offended than seeing the Japanese player rewarded for such disreputable behavior by the smiles and affectionate touches from her team.

The shoot out not with standing, I feel that Japan lost the WWC there. If that had been a USA player doing that I would have been ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter