Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tank and Troll...Ironic I Know!

Mkay, so, I've finally got the time to make a blog post and with that the time to go through all the names suggested for this tank. There is now a poll up, and when it's done it's done. That is the name it shall have! So vote with great wisdom  you are selecting the name of a mighty battle tank worthy of a mighty name!

That aside another blogger that I cannot recall right now and even with very thorough searching of the list of past blog entries is not helping me to recall (deep breath) posted his first even miniature. I dug mine out (he said I had to and he's tougher than me so that was that) and here it is...


...an official Ral Partha Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Troll with the TSR logo on the bottom and all, painted in official Ral Partha paints! This was my first foray when I was around 13 or 14. I got this guy and a handful of other figures, a boxed dragon, and a passel of paints and brushes for Christmas that year. I couldn't get the dragon together to save my life and although I did paint some of the others I'm not sure where they are now. I think he's not bad for my first try, and having nothing to go off from but my best guess.  I had no friends who were painting miniatures and I had no exposure to miniature war games. I lived in the boondocks of Ohio, I'm probably pretty luck I had an f'ing Troll at all, LOL!

Well there he is in all his yellow eyed glory, I've not updated the paint at all and I think it's held up pretty good for 20 plus years. Those Ral Partha paints were something huh?

Don't forget to vote, and till next  time may the dice favor you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter