Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Snap Fire

I have some models to put up here, classic Ral Partha fantasy guys but I haven't gotten to take a picture yet. More importantly though I want to say something about the 6th edition rules for Warhammer 40,000.
So far as I read through the impressive rule book I like them. There have been some "major" changes, some "minor" changes, and some interesting changes. You'll note the apostrophes because in general I think the idea of major and minor kinda being a personal thing. For example the new assault rules has the assaulting unit move 2d6" (in general) instead of just a 6" distance. I personally see this is kinda minor as you're still averaging out an inch in advantage. Others feel the possibility of blowing a 4" assault as a big change. Meh.

What I do feel is a fairly big change is the snap fire rule. Basically no more of prohibiting fire of weaponry due to movement considerations coupled with the (in context) realness of shooting into an assaulting foe. It doesn't make it so that you're devastator squad can run around like Muppets blasting everything they see but it does enable the cinematic run into the open field and hauling one's missile launcher to their shoulder for a quick shot on the enemy armor.

I'm looking forward to playing the new rules and when I do I will try to post a batrep..HONEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter