Monday, September 24, 2012

A dreaded knight and a terrifying tank...

Been about a week since my last post and I'm happy to have a couple more completed models to put up. I've taken on a couple commissions so I'm only getting about 25% of my own work down right now. That should loosen up now that one of the commissions is done.

First up I finished the September challenge for the tale of two gamers that Grady and I are doing. We haven't gotten to play any, which sucks, but at least we are getting the models finished. He is almost done with his and that will bring us both up to date. This month was supposed to be an elite unit, but we were both tired of painting infantry and changed it to a heavy support. I did a nemesis dreadknight and he did...something. I'm not sure what it is. You know Orks, they make the darnedest things...


 Over all I'm happy with how he turned out. There were a few things I could have tweaked to make it closer to what I call museum display level, but as I was really going for table top level I gave it a little more than it needed. I did not name the pilot though, I need to do that, his name plaque is blank. The dreadknight kit is a nice kit, but wow is that base large. Sure it "only" fits on it but there is a lot of open space there. I put a busted necron immortal that he had just downed but I need to add a couple other things.

Also I completed a display model a Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. F.


Again a good kit. I didn't get it down as well as I would have liked, I don't know how many times I painted those daggone road wheels but still had bleed over. At some point you just have to call good enough done and move on. If you're astute you'll notice I made a significant construction error I didn't notice until the model was finished, if you can tell put it in the comments :)



2 comments:

  1. You mean return rollers, and yes, they are missing.

    You can control the bleed by working with slightly thicker paint--especially if it's the black for the road wheels.

    ReplyDelete

Counter