Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Place to Call Home

For STRIKE FORCE ZEALOT OH YEAH!!!!

A while ago I bought an Imperial Bastion model kit on a whim, a whim because I hadn't intended to buy anything that day and I realized that for 30 dollars (no 41, but still a good model price imho) it was a steal. I put it together pretty quick, primed it, then promptly set it aside to paint later.

Well my wife and I decided to start watching Grey's Anatomy through Netflix and I sat down with my paint and the bastion to enjoy the evening.

So over all I think it came out okay. I mean lots of blue obviously but it IS an Ultramarines bastion, and since the new rules allow you to bring some terrain with your army it seemed like a fun thing to add to the army and the collection of terrain I have.

I need some more sci-fi terrain though. I've got a couple card buildings, barricades, and hazardous chemical containers from Trinity: Battleground and a ruin I made from foam core board and paint but in general I lack anything clearly 40K-like, such as the bastion and it's accessories. GW has done a good job with the imperial theme rolling through everything and they make quality terrain pieces too. I would really like to get my hands on the moonscape (aka blast craters) set and an Aegis defense line although I do have a lot of barricades right now.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm working on several knights both the errant and the grey kind as well as some more RPG figures for my friend. Until next time may your dice always roll well :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks good! I like the fact that it looks weathered, like it's been where it is for a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! Quite a compliment coming from a man who blasted out almost 50 models in a single day. It took me two for just this one lol!

      Delete

Counter