Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Okay, so, big absence I know but I haven't been inactive. Since my last post I have....

  • successfully finished a Grey Knights army consisting of 1,920 points (which I will post pictures of soon)
  • reading two books
    • Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    • Legacy (a re-title of the book A Tale of Two Clocks) by James H. Schmitz
  • finished my friend's first batch of RPG miniatures from his second commission
  • wrote a short story about Sasquatch
...and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now. 

I'm reading Cryptonomicon because of this article on io9 which I stumbled upon. I had already read three of them when finding the article (Dune, Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, and 1984) and thought since I enjoyed those so much I should try some off this list. One reviewer wrote " A person who has recently readCryptonomicon is temporarily the smartest person on Earth. That's a fact. " about Cryptonomicon so I thought that would be a great place to start.

Legacy/Tale of Two Clocks is another matter. It was an old paper back scifi I've had sitting around, and frankly it's terrible. Maybe it's just my taste, but I have a taste for that old scifi and love it mostly, even the really weird stuff, but this just seems to go no where over and over again!
I'm going to finish it though just because I feel I owe it to Mr. Schmitz. He poured time and effort into this and just because it's not to my taste, or I just don't get it, is no reason not to honor him with finishing the story. 

I'm working on a variety of projects now, some necrons, some flames of war, various loose RPG figures, and a couple elemental figures. I promise I'll get some pictures of the completed Grey Knights force up soon! Honest!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. lol! obviously I was visiting investment sites silly! It was kinda depressing, I thought "Oh my goodness three comments!" and to my chagrin two were bots and one was a culo...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Counter