Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Paint Challenge

If you remember, back in August I put together a GW Chimera model from box to finish in 12 hours. Well, never one to sit on my laurels (total lie I sit on those suckers all the time) I'm throwing up another challenge to myself. This time something a little bigger, and little more insane maybe even.

AN ARMY IN A MONTH

That seems like a lot, but I don't think it will be too bad. Basically I'm going to build the Skaven half of the IOB box and throw in another 20 clan rats (flushing out the two infantry units to 30 each) so the total set will be...

chief with heavy armor and halberd
warlock with warlock pistol
pack master with 2 rat ogres
30 clanrats with spears and poison wind mortar
30 clanrats with hand weapons and warp flame thrower

...i'm not sure how many points that will add up. I'm sure over 500 and less than 1,000 so it is a nice starting force. I have a metal plague priest but he's not going to be part of this huzzah. It would feel too much like squeezing him into the army but I figure later i'll add a unit of plague monks and he'll be a great leader for them.

I'll try to put some pictures up as the build progresses, and wish me luck, by January 31st, 2013 I should have a nice painted Skaven collection ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter