Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Romans

For a long time I've had a bunch of Wargames Factory Romans and Celts and for just as long I've wanted to build two armies for Boudiccan Revolt games. I have completed the first unit of Roman Legionaries based as suggested by Neil Thomas in his war games books. I like it well enough. The shield transfers from Wargames Factory are freaking amazing though! I wish Games Workshop would use a similar technology for their decals.
I think they unit turned out really nice and would be good for a variety of war games rules. I would start on another unit but I've made a new war gaming buddy who is into historical gaming and we have decided to pursue some heavy DBA learning. I am going to finish my Classic  Indian army (elephants yes!) and he is doing Macedonians. I  hope to have that done by the end of this month which involves 3 elephants, 2 cavalry, and  another 4 bow units being painted and based be fore then. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Those look just fine! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim! From such an accomplished painter this is a great compliment :)

      Delete

Counter