Friday, March 28, 2014

Dark Souls 2

It's that time again...
I'f you've read this blog much  you've seen me reference the game Dark Souls and make occasional comments on my progress. Dark Souls 2 has released, on the 11th actually, and if you didn't know that I forgive you.

This time.

I've made a lot of reference to this game series and the newest release does not disappoint. It isn't the same game as the first, which is an odd thing to say since of course it isn't the same game. But more importantly I mean it doesn't feel like a new cloth on an old table. Much of the mechanics are the same and many of the "objects" are the same but instead of it being a sequel it feels very much like it's own game.

Sure there is all the history, the mythology, the hints at things that happened in the first game and the obvious continuing story of trying to heal a dying world.

But.

It does it in its own way without having to be the first game. If it seems like I'm having trouble explaining this it's because I am. There is nothing hard and definitive that I can point too instead it is an over all feel to the game.

Anyway, it's good, play it if you have the time and money to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter