Friday, February 20, 2015

A Swine What?!?!

The Darkest Dungeon continues to entertain and surprise. I rarely buy into games early because I know that it is a huge risk. TDD drug me in because of the art work and side scrolling turned based combat more than anything. Initially I thought it was going to be too hard, but it isn't, BUT that could be because of the Stockholm-like relationship I have with Dark Souls.

Never the less it does have it's own flavor. The Warrens are filled with pig based monsters that are very disturbing. You have to play it to see it but the one that walks around on human arms while dangling a pair of pig legs under it is really on the high end of "wtf?!"

Then it does something like this...
...BEHOLD THE SWINEATAUR!!!

If you can't figure out which one it is I'm not going to tell you. That half Roman gladiator and half war boar is a delicious beast indeed! I would love it if they would release some card board stand ups of these fine creatures.

I killed it, then I killed another, and I killed a bunch more but no one leaves the Warrens without scars. I know this is basically shameful promotion for this game but I am not connected to it in anyway at all beyond being a player.  I cannot encourage you enough to go buy this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter