Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Imperial Knight and X-wing

I just finished a fairly large project. Okay I finished it last week but I am just getting to blog about it. My friend asked me to paint up his Imperial Knight which I gladly did. He also paid me which was another glad thing. He wanted House Taranis and I did my best to accurately produce the desired product, observe if you will...
You'll note he is NOT weathered. I don't weather a lot of my pieces instead allowing them to become weathered through use. Not exactly the same I know but I didn't want to impose weathering on his piece unless he requested it. 

Sorry the picture quality isn't better. Still using my iPhone potato. 
A top down view to give you some view of the shoulders. 
Sorry there is no front on picture, that was just so bad it wasn't worth posting at all. This took quite a lot of time and the decals were kind of hard to work with. I've done a lot of decals but several of these were decal within decal and that can be tricky. He did the sub-assemblies and you can't see it but he used magnets on the gun arm so that he could swap between guns allowing him to field both variants.

It was a very satisfying project over all and I did kind of hate to see it go out the door, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to facing it on the battlefield! 

I've never destroyed an Imperial Knight, wonder how that will feel? ;)

Also I've kind of had an overwhelming desire to play Star Wars X-wing out of no where and scrambled to trade for some pieces. On Sunday night I got a bunch of players together at the LGS and we had some epic space battles.


We played 50 point squadrons each and I took a Tie Phantom and Tie Fighter into the fray. I did okay, both of my ships survived. Which was pleasing since I had two other games that nighta nd both were horrible losses. I am really struggling with anger issues in my life right now. I don't mine losing, but I become furious with being so badly beaten I don't get to play. At some point you have to wonder who the hell balances this stuff when there are events like that in a game. I am at the point that I don't even want to win anymore. Just have fun and not want to hit something when the game is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter